Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grey's Anatomy--How It All Started For Me

My love affair with Grey's Anatomy started very unexpectedly on Superbowl Sunday of 2006.

My daughter wanted my husband and I to meet her future in laws and since they are both Pittsburgh Steeler fans, we decided to have them over for pizza and wings and to watch the game.  It was an awesome game and after they left I was channel surfing to see what was on.  Having worked all of my adult life, and raising my three children, I usually didn't have the time to watch TV.


I became disabled in early February right before that fateful Superbowl Sunday, so now I had plenty of time on my hands to watch TV.  But what to watch???  I was going to channel surf when I noticed this series that came on right after the Superbowl--Grey's Anatomy.  I was hooked right off the bat.  This was the first part of the bomb episode and I was left wanting more.  The next day I went out and bought season 1 of Grey's Anatomy.  I watched this entire first season the next day.  That was it for me.  I wanted to see more but unfortunately I had to wait until the next week to see part 2.  Back in 2006, they didn't have any episodes to watch on the internet or any that I couldn't find.

And then the character of Denny Duquette came on the TV screen in the following episodes and I really got hooked.  I was totally in love with this series.

I managed to catch up on the earlier episodes of season 2, cried hysterically when Denny died an became a die hard fan.  Through it all, the good times, the bad I never stopped watching Grey's Anatomy.

I now have every season on DVD and still will watch every season from time to time.  Shonda Rhimes I love you for what you have given all of us fans.  Thank you.


Here are some images I have collected over the years.



















































No comments: