Saturday, April 2, 2011

Grey's Anatomy "A Song Within A Song"

This is a "love" letter to Shonda Rhimes.  You and only you can pull off something like this.  You made me cry at the emotional intensity of this episode as well as hearing Sara, Chyler and Chandra belt out those wonderful songs.

When I first watched this episode I was like NO!!!!!!!!  Too much singing!  It distracted me from the wonderful, dramatic episode.  But then I watched it a second time and then it all came together for me.

Sara has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard as does Chandra and Chyler.  I understand the out of body experience that Callie was having since I had one when I was in a coma.  I didn't sing thank God because that would have surely chased away the ghosts that I was seeing.

Against my better judgement, I read some of the comments that people made and I just don't get where their brains are.  They were comparing it to the Buffy and Scrubs musical episodes!!  Are you kidding me?  First of all nobody should ever compare one series to another.  It's not right and certainly not fair.  So what if Buffy had a great musical episode.  That was then and this is now.  That was Buffy and this is Grey's Anatomy.  Not only are they two different series entirely but two different genres.

Beautiful episode Shonda and my many thanks for giving us Grey's Anatomy fans a very special treat.

No comments: