Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol--The Judges

Okay, I have been holding my tongue or in this case my fingers.  First off I have to say that I love Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez for the great artists that they are and for their outstanding personalities, especially Steven.  Having said that, now for my complaint.

People, prior to this season, said that Simon was too hard on these young contestants and often too critical but I would rather have him critique these young Idol hopefuls than Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez who are getting to sound like broken records.  The phrases "you are beautiful, you gave me goosebumps, you rock" are starting to grate on my nerves.  They are not doing anything to help these young people out by gushing those ridiculous accolades week after week when it is not deserved.  Even Randy Jackson acts and sounds like he was dropped on his head.

One thing for sure, this seasons contestants are some of the best we have heard but come on!!!!  I would sit and listen to some of them singing and literally cringing only then to hear the judges gushing unworthy praises for their performances.

They should have not used their save for Casey Abrams.  It was too early in the competition and as a result one of the best singers was voted off.

I think Idol producers have to go back to the drawing board because what started out as a phenomenal season is turning into a nightmare.

No comments: